Decreasing the number back-and-forth in workflow by setting KPI that tracks number of times issue get returned in certain status.
There are number of KPIs that might be created using same technique:
- ‘Reopen iterations’ for QA team , the one that verified the issue
- ‘Code Review Iterations’ for Dev team to improve quality of code
- ‘Testing Iterations’ for QA and Dev team to improve attention on detail on each level of certain feature verification.
- ‘In Progress Iterations’ for Project manager, Product owner that will improve quality/detail of the requirements
Here is example goal definition: Max 20% of total issues to exceed 1 “Reopen iterations”. The KPI will help decreasing the number not verified well Stories or Defects by QA team.
KPI configuration steps using Performance Objectives dashboard gadget and custom JQL data segmentation:
Check 3 min recording here on how to config your JIRA to capture KPIs based on:
- users like ‘Tested by’, ‘Developed by’, ‘Reopened by’, ‘Reviewed By’
- dates like ‘Testing Started’, ‘Development Started’ etc.
- counters like ‘Testing Iterations’, ‘Reopen iterations’, ‘Review Iterations’ , etc…