Performance Objectives app contains 4 gadgets for JIRA standard dashboards.
- Performance Objectives – Objective recognition of team and individual performance. Quick insights leveraging your existing fields, save filters and workflows events. Single place for transparent and ongoing metrics tracking and appraisals.
- Performance Trend – Visualization of KPIs and WIP trends. Split and stacked by any JIRA field. Metrics shown in cumulative mode, presented in daily, weekly or monthly granularity in line or area charts.
- Multi Metric Combined Chart – Cross metric analyses on common scale in regular or cumulative mode, presented in daily, weekly or monthly granularity in line or area charts. Quick insights leveraging your existing fields, save filters and workflows events.
- Multi Metric Trend Chart – Cross metric analyses on common scale in regular or cumulative mode, presented in daily, weekly or monthly granularity in line or area charts.
Creating dashboard and adding the Performance Objectives gadget.
Date type fields might be shown by Day, by Week, by Month and by Quarter. There are Date fields in ‘Display By’ , ‘Split by’ and ‘Stacked By’ options.
Date fields formatting options ‘Day Index’, ‘Week Index’ , ‘Month Index’ and ‘Quarter Index’ allows side by side comparison of any date range defined within ‘Data Sources’.
Period-over-period (bar chart)
Same as above but as bar chart. It utilizes ‘Performance Objectives‘ gadget instead of ‘Performance Trend‘ gadget as given in the example above.
by Day vs. by Day Data
The Date type fields within ‘Display By’, ‘Split by’ and ‘Stacked by’ options support different formatting options. The difference between ‘by Day‘ and ‘by Day Data‘ is that last one filters out all empty days from the given date range.
Setting first goal
Setting target of default type ‘Exact value’ on ‘Performance Trend’ gadget . The goal is set per week (i.e. for each x-Axis item).
Cumulative mode is supported in ‘Performance Trend’ and ‘Multi Metric Trend Chart’ dashboard gadgets.
Performance Trend gadget working in cumulative stacked mode
Pivot table features. Majority of them available for all 4 dashboard gadgets.
- Multi level grouping
- Multi level sorting
- Filtering (when not grouped)
- Export in CSV (Excel readable)
Show multiple metrics on same chart using ‘Multi Metric Combined Chart’ dashboard gadget. Identify correlated trends. Give a try of derive time metrics e.g. ‘Time Between Events’, available and for the rest of the dashboard gadgets. Multiple metrics in cumulative mode are supported from another gadget: ‘Multi Metric Trend Chart’ .
Pick color on your preference and save chart with it. The feature is available for the rest of the dashboard gadgets.
Create custom formula KPI by combining multiple metrics and data sources in user defined math equation.
Target might be from type ‘Exact value’, ‘% of Total’, ‘% of Average’, % of Total Data Source X’ , ‘% Change Data Source X’ , ‘% of Other metrics’ (e.g. Original estimate). This gives plenty of capabilities to track company KPIs.
Customizing position left, right or just hide labels shown on the chart for the Target and Threshold.
‘Distinct’ is the default option for ‘Target Results’. It shows % of completion at the top of each x-Axis item.
‘Overall’ option shows average of all x-Axis items % of completions and allows setting target rewarding performance that’s above the average.