Track the number of cycles. Check how many times a Jira issue was in one or any of multiple statuses. Break down the metric based on assignee history or status history and understand more about the back-and-forth cases that slow down the issue resolution. Set goals such as ‘First Contact Resolution (FCR)’ or ‘Max 2 cycles on avg. per issue in status Reopen’.
Please find below an example using ‘Multi Metric Combined Chart’ gadget.
Please check the configuration steps below:
Step 1: Add data source. Filter out issues that need to be analyzed.
Step 2: Add metrics that need to be analyzed together. Select ‘Cycles in status’ as one of them. Then choose one or multiple statuses that will be counted when an issue gets transitioned to them.
New fields options are available after ‘Cycles in status’ metric selection for most of the gadgets. Please find them listed below. For the ‘Multi Metric Trend Chart’ and ‘Multi Metric Combined Chart’ gadgets only First date in status and Last date in status are supported.
- Assignee (history) – use that field to show the metric by the user to whom issues were assigned over time.
- Status (history) – use that field to show the metric by the status to which issues were transitioned over time.
- Status change date – show the trend of the accumulated cycles in status by the historic moment of status change. That allows you to build “Cumulative Flow” diagram by cycles in status.
- Assignee change date – show the trend of the accumulated cycles in status by the historic moment of assignee change. That allows you to break down the metric by assignee and identify any patterns in the metric movement over time.
- First date in status / Last date in status – are date fields that in addition may be used in ‘Time between’, ‘Time since’ metrics, as given in the ‘Time in status’ article.
The Cycles in assignee metric is available in the following dashboard gadgets: “Performance Objectives”, “Performance Trend”, “Multi Metric Combined”, “Multi Metric Trend”, and “Circular Chart”. It can be used when setting a Target or a parameter in the Formula metric.
Related articles: Time in status, Cycles in assignee, Time in assignee, Time between.
Start your 30 days free trial of Performance Objectives: Charts for Jira from Atlassian Marketplace.